About the Blog

Some people create to enjoy the finished product. I get my greatest satisfaction from the process of creating. This blog is my attempt to share that process with others.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Recipe: French Crockpot Roast

Description: flavorful and hearty, with only 5 ingredients and absolutely no prep time, this is one of my favorite no-brainer recipes!

Ingredients:
  • 3-4 lb. chuck roast, visible fat trimmed
  • 3-4 c. sliced fresh mushrooms (I use pre-sliced mushrooms or an egg slicer to cut whole mushrooms)
  • 1/2 c. red wine (I use cabernet)
  • 1 pkg. McCormick brown gravy mix
  • 1 pkg. Lipton onion soup mix
Directions:
  1. Wash and dry roast; trim large visible fat and place in crockpot.
  2. Mix together gravy and onion mixes; sprinkle over roast. Pour wine over roast. Top with mushrooms.
  3. Cook in crockpot on low for 8 hours.
  4. Can serve with cooked rice
My Rating: 4/5

Shortcut: I use plastic "slow cooker liners" in my crock pot. When the dish is done, you throw away the liner and have minimal cleanup to do after the meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment