- 3-4 lb. chuck roast, visible fat trimmed
- 3-4 c. sliced fresh mushrooms (I use pre-sliced mushrooms or an egg slicer to cut whole mushrooms)
- 1/2 c. red wine (I use cabernet)
- 1 pkg. McCormick brown gravy mix
- 1 pkg. Lipton onion soup mix
- Wash and dry roast; trim large visible fat and place in crockpot.
- Mix together gravy and onion mixes; sprinkle over roast. Pour wine over roast. Top with mushrooms.
- Cook in crockpot on low for 8 hours.
- Can serve with cooked rice
My Rating: 4/5
Shortcut: I use plastic "slow cooker liners" in my crock pot. When the dish is done, you throw away the liner and have minimal cleanup to do after the meal.