About the Blog

Some people create to enjoy the finished product. I get my greatest satisfaction from the process of creating. This blog is my attempt to share that process with others.

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Beginner Whitework Ornament

The Project:

A small whitework sampler designed by Teresa Wentzler that can be made into an ornament. It's mainly a tool for learning how to do specialty stitches, but I already had all of the materials in my embroidery stash and thought I'd give it a try.

Whitework is an embroidery technique in which the stitching is the same color as
the foundation fabric.

The overall (uncompleted) design:














Close-ups of my work in progress from two different angles:



1 comment:

  1. Your sweet mama shared the link to your blog. This whitework is JUST LOVELY! We will enjoy watching your progress. We wish you all the best. Jean and Harmon

    ReplyDelete